Where to Get Legal Help

There are a number of resources in BC offering legal help to parents:

Ministry of Attorney General – Family Justice
This website provides general information about a number of issues for parents who are separated or divorced. The site also has information about the province wide Child Support Recalculation Service and the Early Resolution Process available in some courts.

Justice Access Centres
Access Centres are located in Nanaimo, Vancouver and Victoria and offer information and services to help with family and civil law issues, such as separation or divorce.

Family Justice Centres
A network of Family Justice Centres operate across the province. Each centre is staffed by Family Justice Counsellors specifically trained to help families with parenting arrangements and support issues.

Mediate BC
Mediation is an alternative to going to court and can resolve family conflicts including separation, divorce, parenting arrangements, property and asset division.

Legal Aid BC – Family Law
Offers extensive legal information on various legal topics, including information on family support and court process.